Saturday 23 March 2019

Carey Price the Franchise Saviour Why Me?




sittin' up here
watchin' all the red lights blink while Tim Peel blows
the rink is turning
warp speed
why does it go so slow
thinkin' bout the Defence I am left behind
Bergy can you hear me
do I have to play every game
out of my mind
why me?
why me?
I was waiting on St pad
all systems were go
the man up in the nose bleeds
was enjoying the show
then I got this feeling
that I never had before
hey I might get  me out of here
with a cup to show
why me?
why me?
there must be a thousand other draft picks
must be some others can track the puck with my eyes
why am I up here, what do they see in me
must be a thousand other players who could have been the franchise savior
 why me
the last man back
the third defenceman
the sharp end of the spear
since 93  never won again
maybe it won't be back this way
till 2021...
but right now
 now I'm riding on a fountain of fire and ice
with my back to the earth
I go higher and higher
kick faster and faster
absorb the puck

better and better
why me?
why me?

No comments:

Post a Comment