Wednesday 20 July 2016

Chronicles of Amber


Another great sci fi world coming to life. This story of alternative universes I read decades ago. and still remember it as one of the top worlds I ever visited. The best part of this news is Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead) will be the showrunner.

Lord of Light was the first Zelazny book I ever read. I was in college at the time, a long time reader who dreamed of writing himself one day. I’d been weaned on Andre Norton, cut my teeth on Heinlein juveniles, survived high school with the help of H.P. Lovecraft, Isaac Asimov, “Doc” Smith, Theodore Sturgeon, and J.R.R. Tolkien. I read Ace doubles and belonged to the Science Fiction Book Club, but I had not yet found the magazines. I’d never heard of this Zelazny guy. But when I read those words for the first time, a chill went through me, and I sensed that SF would never be the same. Nor was it. Like only a few before him, Roger left his mark on the genre.
-George RR Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment