Wednesday 6 December 2017

Blue Water Dilettante

FPB 64 Iron Lady Fatu Hiva 1
All the glass is 19 mm thick
Sailing the suburbs in
my Honda
makes me
some kind of
authority
on machines
that work
to take you places
without drama

Blue water has 
flowed over
my decks
and filled
me with
visions
like Robert
Louis
Stevenson
and I feel
in my
heart I
must navigate
a CAT five
before
I give up
surviving
the next
five minutes

If your rich 
and want
to die
early buy an
airplane
because the
sky is like
a Greek
myth
a place
that cant
wait to put
down high flying
humans

Neptune seems 
to have a better
sense of humour
because he
mauls more
than he kills

But if you 
go blue water
you need to
be made of 
very stern
stuff or just
a silly fool
with a lot
of money
and thats
where my mind
and fiberglass
get into an epic
duel
but in 
reality its
a slam dunk
ALUMINUM
except no subsitute
but titamian
and carbon fiber
and kevlar
are great
until they 
delamiatie
and your 
four miles
of queen mauds
land in antartica
and the Nazi
at the south
pole
are on your
tale
and they are
using ZPG
to through
ice in your
way to sink you
because
never leave
markers

So if you want
to make the trip
and you are not
fit to sail
there are power
alternatives
that are pretty
cool and in
the end
the adventure
is more important
than the tool
as long as you
are not one





No comments:

Post a Comment