Thursday 13 August 2015

My Cheesy Guilty thing

Making fucking lists. Lets talk about abortion or government funded health care instead. Cause when you make a list your dead in intellectual waters sucking chest wound type of discourse. But we all have sucking chest wounds to deal with big and small so here is one on mine.

I have noticed as I a have progressed to the get off my lawn stage how there is measure of quality to culture. I am not talking about Shia law here. Its what we see and what we hear. In my world there is mostly crap, but some shining sums of greatness that could power the sun for a mill second if it needed power.

So now below read the first Steve prostitution to the list.

Greatest Rock Singers of all time. How I came to this conclusion or even my surrender to this intrusion is mostly privileged as the corporate ageless people citizens say as they take your rights away.

1) Bob Dylan
You get Dylan or you dont. I recognise that. If you do not I feel sorry for thee. No its worse than that, at the very least you have keyed my mind car.
Bob Dylan for me is the first testament and the Christian second manufactured book, taken to the musical hook. Bullshit total Bullshit the Bob can not sing. He worked in the era before the mellow lark auto tune thing. Bobs audio vocal scores where likely much better before he got Tangled Up and Blue.  For me this is Dylan at his Apogees. If this song does not grab you and throw you around, your at the least ignorant or maybe spatially dappled. I was working in the great north woods for a spell and one day the axe just fell on my stupid head.
Hey Steve what about the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?
Not spongeworthing in a thousand year sponging in my IMO
The Beatles and the Rolling Stones picked off the low
hanging fruit of thier age
but to make music ageless
its a much bigger stage
as we know today
even looking back
primarluy by 
word of mouth
and scribbles on a written
page

So now I am going with my Number Two
It has to be Van Morrison
the most beautiful voice in Rock History
He did not change the world like  Dylan
but he conviced me
there was something 
etheral 
or bette than us
about life,.



Something about Jeus caused I was raised that way. If he could not talk or walk I always thinkingaboot how well he should be able to sing.
which leads me to the great Christian Question, no matter what the subject its alway Yes to the master.

Number 3 is Yes Yes Yes I agree with the assement that the top two
had a pipes definicny but Jon Anderson soars in everthing he do. Rock opera was a thing when people cared about most things. We where so engized in the day thinking Music could lead the way. Then the Man bought the soul and played the tune we all love today. However Yes demostrates there was a time when art and reality geniflucted.



Jon Anderson is the Mozart of our age, not for compisiton alone
]but for real voice

Number four is so difficult , do not want to be drafted at that position
Led Zepplins lead so Gulfstream flowing great. Pick any song that is sonic'
but off the top of my head  Going to California and what it means forty years on.
 Number four show me the door no matte what I choose. Steve Miller Band, Supertramp, for sure th Pouges or the Clash, but I got to thinkaboot what will last as thousand years as I linger



No comments:

Post a Comment