Thursday 6 September 2012

2014 Honda Accord




The 2014 Honda Accord has been revealed. Style wise still entertaining bland, but much improved over the previous generation. Early reviews indicate a terrific car made better by addressing noise and vibration issues. A first for Honda is the inclusion of the Direct Injection Gasoline engine. This combined with what Honda claims is a perfected CVT. Two technologies were the pioneers got the arrows. Honda’s reputation for motor perfection is under attack from rumbles about oil burning in late model CRV and Accord. So I really hope they have tamed the GDI beast.
I have driven Honda’s for most my adult life. My 1988 Accord Si was sublime, same for my 1992 Civic Si. My current Civic delivers good value but does not have the soul of previous Honda’s. I wish Honda all the best with this critical launch, and hope a new Accord goes on my wish list.  

Late in the year the Hybrid version was released. It has no transmission. The electric motor and internal combustion are manipulated to eliminate the waste a transmission represents. WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment