Monday 1 April 2013

Sound Seekers Delight


I only have a motherboard integrated soundcard that up-converts my Itunes library. The sound is noticeably better. Use of a digital audio cable also gives noticeably better sound.

Companies like audioquest make the Dragonfly , a very cool product that upgrades a laptop or low quality soundcard. I have seen it used by top shelf speaker manufactures to demo their products. My first thought was why is there not something like this for my Iphone? Well now there is. V-Moda best known for above average sounding headphones has created the Vamp Verza. My take is that like the Dragonfly it does not up-convert, but does a better job at all the other digital to analog work than your Iphone, and provides a audiophile amp with lots of low noise gear. Maybe they will read this blog and ship me one to try out? Maybe they will take my advice and also build in sound upconverting on the next model.

No comments:

Post a Comment