Friday 27 May 2011

TV worth watching is hard to find (check the links to see full episodes)




Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, the link has a heart warming update with Klinger.  Mary Tyler Moore was the first show that made me laugh until I cried.  If you don’t remember Chuckles the clown, it may not seem that funny but going back and watching the whole series will demonstrate how lame current TV comedy is. 
MASH was like MTM on drugs, or maybe I was on drugs. The first 3 seasons were brilliant and IMHO no series has had this game since.  Current and still champion is Seinfeld, but it got better over the years while MASH really coasted. With the departure of Frank Burns the show really lost its foil and I hardly watched it.
In many respects it is the best of times and worst of times for Television.  The cable networks produce some primo stuff, like the best so far The Wire. Five seasons of pure brilliance explaining how America is rotting. The six seasons of the Sopranos are artworks.
Still on the air Tru Blood a beautifully crafted show chronicling a world where Vampires have come out of the coffin due to the invention of a synthetic blood drink called Tru Blood. Breaking Bad is a totally radical riveting show about a high school chemistry teacher forced by circumstance to make meth.

Network TV IMHO has not had a great series since the 
Rockford Files.  Lost was great, but the ending left me so unsatisfied I will never watch it again, and could not recommend it to anyone who has not seen it. Currently I watch NCIS, a corny timewaster, but what can you do.


Update Feb 2012, 
Boardwalk EmpireI am giving a thumbs up too.
 It is slow moving but I love how it reveals the underbelly of Anglo Saxon civilization.
Game of Thrones IMHO is a franchise that will be bigger than Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings combined. Did I say I loved it.  I have read all the books, and know the TV series will reach new iconic heights.
American Horror Story is another treat. Its quirky, like a modern day Adams family. The twist at end of season one will make you go ahh!





No comments:

Post a Comment